Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sugar cookie truffles

 So, I have I told you lately how much I love Pinterest?  Well, I do!!  LOL!!  I found this great recipe on it and wanted to share it with you...sugar cookie truffles!!!  I made them for a friend of mine who is celebrating her birthday on Sunday.  I think they turned out great!  This is how I did it!!

First you have to actually make sugar cookies, they need to be really crispy, so I baked mine a little longer than the instructions said to.  I also put them in the fridge for a little while to really cool off.  Next, I put all of the cookies into my blender and slowly blended them into crumbs.  I poured the cookie crumbs into a bowl and blended 3 ounces of cream cheese with the crumbs.  Nest you roll the mixture into little bite size balls and put them into the freezer for at least 30 minutes.  Make sure the balls are very cold because the next step is dipping them into melted white chocolate and adding sprinkles.  Thankfully, I had a really cute assistant to help me with the sprinkles as I was dipping the balls into the chocolate!  You have to work quickly at this point so that the chocolate doesn't harden before the sprinkles and voila, the finished product!!  So fun!!






No comments:

Post a Comment